Thursday, May 7, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to the blog of the First Wives Book Club.

The inaugural first meeting was held last night. There was a considerable amount of non-book chatter (chatter is what we do best) followed by a first class brainstorming session about what form the First Wives Book Club will take.

A more complete post will be added to this site as soon as possible, but for now all you need to know is the first book selection. So here it is:



Title: The Lovely Bones

Author: Alice Sebold

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. Excellent choice. Looking forward to my first meeting.

    Merryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't vote in the poll - what the? Mind you, I haven't got the book yet, so can't pick an option either! Get it tomorrow - a bit nervous about the content, but looking forward to the meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - my comment got posted!!! I've worked it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Team,

    Even though I didn't get an official invite to the first meeting of the book club, I've decide to crash (after some coaxing from Jenny!) ;)

    Just wanted to say I LOVED "The lovely bones" - couldn't put it down....

    And I'd like to pose a question to the group, whose perspective do you think the author is writing from 'really'? To me, I feel she is coming from Ruth's point of view but is writing as Susie.....

    Food for thought....

    XOXO

    Ness

    ReplyDelete